Bassinitup

Some help with who makes this creature?

I checked both manufacturers, but couldn't find anything close. Gotta link Del?

I can say the creature bait designs on the market are off the hook. lots of creativity out there now.

What I like about this particular design is the bulk/thickness & it looks like there's a channel for making an offset hook somewhat weedless.

Kudos on the design, original in my book.

regards,

jerry

Not sure if I'm stating the obvious here but it's basically a swimbait (california swimbabes version) with some craw pinchers. It even has the chamber like Del's swimbait also. I was on the site last week that had them and can't remember the name for the life of me.

Personally... i think it's so ugly that it will catch a tone of fish because of all the vibration it will create. JMHO.

I have seen a bait similar to that before maybe it was that one. its a cool looking bait.

It may have been posted in the forum before also and thats were I saw it.

That's what I thought when I first saw it on this thread. I was thinking "Where have I seen this before???". Turns out it was on here!

I don't get how someone could even suggest this is "basically a california swimbabe". The only thing they have in common is a paddle tail. This baby is a handcarved orginal. The company is Itchy Baits out of southern Utah. I believe they have a website and are awesome folks.

Thats were I have seen it, they sent me some pics of it along with some other things.

Thought I was going crazy for a min.

Where's the hook go? If it goes back near the paddle tail, the tail would get in the way, or get bit before the hook. If you rig it the other way the paddle gets in the way of the line. Kinda looks to me like it's just a funky craw with a tail fused to it. Interesting/very creative idea, I'd like to see it in an action video.

Didn't mean to suggest they copied in any sort of way or are not good people. I am sure they are. I was just stating that by looking at it from the angles I looked it it looked like they basic shape of that with some pinchers. Not it any way was I meaning to slight anyones hard work because they obviously put a lot work into it.

Hey all, guess I should pay attention to the threads a bit more. This is my "baby". I designed it in sculptors clay, baked it then made the master mold in Oomoo. It has been a pretty big hit with the boys in Tx. I generally put a mojo insert in it but a lot of the guys have been using with Lake Fork 10/0 swimbait hooks. I havent tried that yet.

I was sitting there one night in my shop thinking I have to come up with something original, different than a regular swimbait (fish) and after a few cold ones and a bunch of rough sketches I thought "what the heck" lets try a crawdad creature.

This is what a Tx guy said when he test ran it (off TFF)

"sapper,

Just got back from Choke Canyon and had won on rigged with a 10/0 Lake Fork Tackle swim bait hook. Did have several hits on it but conditions were not to well suited for any swim bait there this weekend. Wind blew 20+ all weekend and had the like churned up. I will say that I can hardly wait to get this bait on Amistad. I have never seen a swim bait with the action this bait has. It basicly has two actions and does not have the tendency to roll over on its back or side like a lot of swim baits which inables a faster retreive. The two actions the bait has is one the tail vibrates with a rapid vibration like most swim baits. Second the main body action of the bait is what is impressive. While the tail flapping the main body has a very distict side to side wobble more similar to a hard jointed swim bait. This thing in the red ond orange belly should be great on Amistad and with the belly weighted hooks they can be worked right down in the grass as well as swim everywhere else."

Thanks for the interest and kind feedback all, let me know if you have any quaestions.

I don't get how someone could even suggest this is "basically a california swimbabe". The only thing they have in common is a paddle tail. This baby is a handcarved orginal. The company is Itchy Baits out of southern Utah. I believe they have a website and are awesome folks.

How can you not see the swimbabe in it. In addition to the similar side profile, they share the weighted line tie tube and the fat head looking down from the top. It may be hand carved but it certainly started out with the swimbabe profile.

The eBay auction picture shows the same side profile with belly cut outs.

acbf_1.JPG

How can you not see the swimbabe in it. In addition to the similar side profile, they share the weighted line tie tube and the fat head looking down from the top. It may be hand carved but it certainly started out with the swimbabe profile.

The eBay auction picture shows the same side profile with belly cut outs.

acbf_1.JPG

Smallie,

Osprey, for one, and a lot of other swimbaits had those features before the swimbabe. It's kind of an evolutionary thing.

According to Bill Siemental, the maker of the BBZ 1, all soft plastic swimbaits are just a variation of the old Sassy Shad salt water bait.

I just want to know what he was drinking when he dreamed up that design, so I can stay away from it!

Edited by mark poulson