Crymdawg

Where to put reflective tape on bladed jig blade

I've built spinnerbaits both ways for my customer. I believe it is personal preference. I don't use reflective tape, but I would put the reflective tape on the convex side. In your case you want to put it on the inside of the convex side. The inside of all my blades are polished smooth to reflect either the brass or chrome finish to give off flash. You also have to figure that fish don't always follow a spinnerbait. They may see it from the front or from the side and then hit the blade. The only time I would believe that fish see the blade is when the spinnerbait drops on the cast and or if you slow roll the spinnerbait along the bottom. I personally believe that most of the time the blade is spinning too fast for the fish to see it and when they hit it, it is a reaction strike. JMO

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cadman said:

Well if you read the topic correctly why didn't you reply? It's easy to criticize and then make an empty post.

I didn't need to clarify.... I can read.... LOL.

I just find it funny that some make a super long reply........ W/O actually even trying to read the subject title first.  That's real helpful... 

Well I'm not as perfect as you. Like I said, you apparently read it correctly and after all of your comments you still didn't reply to the OP's original thread. That's real helpful as well. If you are going to criticize, why don't you give us your input.

Edited by cadman

26 minutes ago, 21xdc said:

I didn't need to clarify.... I can read.... LOL.

I just find it funny that some make a super long reply........ W/O actually even trying to read the subject title first.  That's real helpful... 

I appreciate anyone who will take the time and effort to make a detailed reply, even if they misread the topic.  It's far easier to criticize than to actually contribute.

• Like 1

Crymdawg 

Can you tell us why you use reflector type on blades of your blade baits. Is there a theory on how it help you catch fish. I'm not trying to put you on the spot. I'm just curious is all. With all the blades that are polished Gold Nickel Bronze and Black nickel that are available now days