black haze

Custom Jig Molds

Black haze,

Here is my input on this. If you want one mold with (4) 1/2 oz cavities then you will have to go custom made, which is several hundred dollars. If It were me I would buy the mold that has the 3 different cavities. The reason is this. As long as I've been pouring, I found it is easier to load hooks and pour intio a single cavity, then try to load hooks into 4 cavities and then pour 4 cavities. I have gone down this road many times and it is still easier as I mentioned. If you try to pour four cavites with loaded hooks, they may not all fill, and you will be wasting a lot of time. If you load one cavity with a hook and pour you will figure out how to hold the mold and how to fill with lead, also you will get into a rythm and it will go much faster than the other way, and you will pour many more jigs quicker with no re-pours. This is from my personal experience. Also you will have the other cavities available if all of a sudden you want a smaller size jig. Just my persoanl opinion.

x5 on what cadman and the others have said. I tried to do multiple pours on many different occasion and it is faster doing the single. What happens is you end up have a different cavity give you a hard time each pour and not only that but you'd be surprised how quick you can load 1 hook, pour, and begin again as compared to 3 or 4 at a time. So get an arky mold with the size you like and you'll be good to go!